- There is only one real user.
- The rest of the users are “bots.”
- The “bots” are pre-programmed with different reactions to various situations.
- The bots would feed input into the user by using different backgrounds, appearance, belief systems.
- We would see where the user gravitated towards, and adjust algorithms to fit this.
- The “user” would also be teaching the “bots” to become more intelligent, because of the quantified self data collected from the user.
As time went on, the “bots” may develop artificial intelligence of their own, by using the usage patterns (both on and offline) of the user to create a true quantified self.
From Social Network to Extension or App
We have social graph, we have open graph, and we have interest graph, but what we lack is a “personality graph.” It could even be played around with to see how recommending users based on personality.
An advanced / updated form of MBTI to form the foundations of these bots (to begin with) to develop their core algorithms. It would follow the patterns of MBTI / Socionics, but the distribution of cognitive functions would not be a template, we’d throw in some randomness to make it more real world applicable. After all, you and I may both be ENTPs, but that doesn’t mean that our cognitive functions are distributed evenly.A new test would need to be formulated, because the online tests are not based on true Jungian Theory, but a bastardized version of it.
Eventual Benefit to Society and Technology
Part of developing this app / extension / overlay would be created by a much more correct form of testing. This could work as an extension overlay to the existing API or as a separate app. It would also need to pull from interests and social connections, (like every other form of app out there) to get a big picture of what this data really means.
For example, it may be discovered that all members of a certain type have a particular taste in music, movies, hobbies… We already “know” that they do, but this would put real results to support it.
The data collected by this application would be priceless, and could be used to develop products for years to come.