How knowledge is becoming breadth over depth
- Access from anywhere
- Access to anyone
Change in culture
- Removal of societal boundaries
- A better understanding of different cultures and societies
Change in the way the mind operates due to technology + culture.
- Less depth of knowledge regarding individual topics.
- More topics understood on a basic level.
- The individual “nodes” of knowledge are weaker, but there are more “nodes” created.
- The mind creates webs that connect all of the nodes, in order to make sense of life.
- The newer generation may only have a cliff-notes understanding of a topic, but they’ve read a lot of cliff-notes.
- The Evolution of Search (moz.com)
- Knowledge – the main driving factor of productiveness (leadershipbyvirtue.blogspot.com)
- The Learning and Knowledge Pull of Networks (educationinnovation.typepad.com)