No college (necessarily).
- A wide variety of experience in multiple industries and roles.
- Google the crap out of anything that sparks your curiosity.
- Ignore everything that traditional career advisors say.
- Research and absorb the way that companies are currently doing things.
- Use your intuition and logic to spot trends. See the “big picture view” of how society is evolving.
- Have a mindset of 10-20 years from now, not next year.
Don’t focus on what the next big “product / service” will be. Focus on what will inevitably replace it.
- Don’t pay too much attention to the “kickass smartphone” that’s going to hit the market next year. Instead, imagine what will eventually replace smartphones.
- What will this future world look like?
- How will it function?
- What are the challenges that this world will face?
- What are the new opportunities that will emerge?